
....ving. The time has finally come for me to post this newest development in our lives. About this time last year, we began was has been a year long search for a church that needed a brand spankin new-to-the-pulpit-minister. Gabriel Oaks church of Christ in Georgetown, Texas answered that call. Shawn accepted the position of preacher about 3 weeks ago. We announced it this morning at Johnson Street. This has been so hard to keep to ourselves for the last year. This has been a bittersweet decision. We are excited for the new direction we are about to go, but also so so sad to leave some wonderful friends. Please pray for us as we prepare to move down there...they are about 25 miles north of Austin. We most likely won't be moving before the end of August but I know that time flies and it will be here before we know it. I will keep you updated as we look for a house and work towards moving there.

3 comments:
Hey guys! Congratulations on your new position! That's great! We hope the next few weeks go smoothly for y'all. We sure did miss Blue Haven this year...we talked about it almost the whole two weeks while we were here at home instead of there. But, a 20+ hour drive is quite a long way to take kids away from their parents! I enjoy reading what y'all are up to in these blogs and seeing your beautiful girls! You do a great job! :) Love y'all and congratulations. Come visit us whenever y'all are in Arkansas! - Hollee and Wes McAdams
Well I for one am PUMPED to hear this 25 miles outside of Austin business, being that I'm going to be in town for a wedding in October. Sounds like you might be there and somewhat settled in Georgetown by then? sounds like 25 miles is TOTALLY do-able for a quickie visit! I'd LOVE IT!!!!
Congratulations, Shawn and Emma! I'm so excited for you. I'll be praying for the big transition. How exciting!!!
Finally! Mom
Post a Comment