Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Step Closer

Today we did something very important! We took Elle shopping for her school supplies. I think I had more fun than anyone! Really though, the supply list was very simple and specific and didn't leave much room for personality so I'm already looking forward to the time when the girls can buy more of their taste....I'm sure they will love being high schoolers and their mom is tagging along and telling them all the fun things to get. Anyway, we started at Target but it was just too confusing, spread out, and kept not finding what we needed. So we headed to the trusty ol' Walmart to get everything. We spent about $35 on all the supplies and then another $14 on a lunch bag and bottle. I felt like that was quite reasonable! We also won't have to buy her too many clothes at least until it gets cool so we can start preparing for that now. We are all getting so excited as the day approaches which will be August 24th!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow. School supplies for Elle. I am in disbelief. Probably also a little emotional...I'm staring at my 3-day-old baby realizing how soon it will be that he will be starting kindergarten. She will have so much fun. Can't wait to see the "first day of school" picture with Elle in her backpack, all excited and ready to go.

the campbell family said...

I still LOVE buying school supplies! I had so much fun stocking Tim's office with things. Rubberband balls, paper clips, cool pens, it's way too much fun! I've already been eyeballing the Transformers lunchboxes that I know Riley will gravitate towards. Hard to believe she is starting K and Riley will be a 1st grader!