Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hairy Legs

No, this post is not about me...well at least not about my legs. No, today I come before you as a new woman...a woman who's cool status has been upped a few levels by what I did today. I caught, no wrangled a tarantula! That's right...I purposefully and with all my senses about me wrangled a tarantula while my 4 year old looked on in awe. It was awesome and lest you think I'm full of courage, and for the sake of keeping myself humble, I did scream very high pitched and loudly and dance around like a 10 year old girl who has just seen Justin Bieber, after I caught the spider. I wasn't dancing out of joy, I was dancing out of full body heebie geebies. Anyway, we proudly showed it to Shawn at lunch and then showed it to Elle after school, before setting it free in the field across the street. We've come a long way from our first tarantula experience.

That's not a smile, it's a cringe.


Here's Shawn not respecting my wishes and touching the spider after I told him point blank NOT TO TOUCH IT! At least he lived.

I love a man who's not afraid of pink....it really is manly to me :)

And what else would you do with a spider that you find just a few weeks before Halloween...make him (or her) pose on your pumpkins, that's what! It does make a pretty awesome picture :)
And a quick shout-out to Gramme for buying the girls that bug catcher a few years ago!

1 comment:

Rach said...

this post just gave me the full body heebie geebies. a million kudos to you for catching that.... :P