As promised, I took pictures of my trees to post and brag about....that's right...brag! I L O V E my trees this year! So, first I'll show my traditional tree. This is the one that goes in the living room every year. Special things about it: the star is the star that was on my parents tree when I was little...I can't ever remember a different star than this. It's as old as me and still working! The tree skirt was my first sewing project ever and though it's not easy to see in this picture, it has A LOT of intricate details hand sewn on it. I am still VERY proud of that tree skirt and all the work that went into it! The ornaments--well almost every single one is a story or a memory. Most of them were given to me by my mom either from her tree or tied on top of a gift. She knows my taste quite well and picks really cute ornaments! One of my most special, though not the prettiest, is the star I made when I was taking pottery at UT Tyler and it was Shawn and my first married Christmas. It's a very simple ornament but it means a lot to me. Now, every year, the kids get an unpainted star and are allowed to paint anything they want on it. I write their name on the back and the date and then spray it with acrylic clear coat and put it on the tree...pretty sure we'll be doing this year's stars this weekend because they've been begging for about a week now!



1 comment:
Beautiful! I love traditional trees and I love stories behind ornaments. Chad and I try to buy one whenever we go on vacation that represents the places we have been. I love your mom's idea of putting an ornament on gifts as part of the wrapping.
Post a Comment