Saturday, March 31, 2012

New Outdoor---scratch that---Indoor Wreath

Last night, I decided that I was going to get all crafty and make a new wreath for my front door. I had a Hobby Lobby gift card burning a hole in my pocket so out the door I headed. I had no idea what direction I was planning on going with the wreath so I just let inspiration hit me at the store. Quickly a plan came together in my head and I began the thrill of the hunt! I had the sketch swimming around in the crafty section of my head, which by the way also shares space with the over-the-top-perfectionistic-ideas part of my brain. Makes for high standards sometimes! Anyway, I headed over to my crafty friends house and we got to work on wreaths, one for her, and one for me. Hers was done by about the time I had made one flower. HA! We are so much alike in so many ways, but it cracked me up to see how differently we work on crafts. She's a wham, bam, thank ya ma'am, and I'm slow and methodical and all planny. They both turned out so cute and I am VERY happy with this wreath. It is by far one of my favorite craft projects I've done in a long time! And, I think I also realized it's too pretty to put outside. If the sun didn't beat down directly on my door and the door was a little more protected from weather, I might consider putting it on the outside, but I think I like it so much I want to see it all the time!

No comments: