Friday, September 21, 2012

Football Season

Those that know me well are probably very surprised to see the title of this post. But fear not! I'm still who I was before typing that! But....we did stray from the we-don't-really-like-watching-sports persona this week to go watch, what is in my opinion, the best of the best. We got to watch a middle school B team play some football. It was really FUN! The weather was wonderful, the sun wasn't in my eyes, and the kids actually played really well. Plus, we got to cheer on both teams. My friend Valerie's middle school was playing the school that one of our youth groupers plays for. Our kids had a great time too. I'm pretty sure this is the first football game they've been to and the first Shawn and I have been to since he came down for ACU Homecoming in 1997! I was a little concerned when we got there because within about 7 minutes of settling onto the bleachers, both girls were bored and complaining, but things lightened up once they realized we really were going to stay and not leave just because they wanted to. Maybe we'll actually try to go to a few games in the future....
 
We have a shot just like this from 1997...but I don't have a scanner to scan it in....take my word for it....we've gotten better with age!

 
Ava and Joel
 
Uriah and Levi...a whole heap of trouble in a little package!

 
Look!!!  I really was at the game!
 
 And a great shot of Stephen, the boy in our youth group, giving a teammate the good ol' elbow to the throat!

No comments: