Campsite sweet Campsite
We had a few friends from church join us for the evening...all but one headed home after dark...I might have been a tiny bit envious.
Dinner! We decided to try to the "meal in tin-foil" approach to cooking this time. We LOVED it! Sunday night we ate chicken breasts, corn, carrots, and potatoes.
Ahhh...my favorite part.
Yes, my creamer even comes camping with us. And that coffee was sooo good. Now we just need to purchase a coffee pot for camping...it took three tries to heat water in a frying pan before we got it right.
Early morning stroll; let the record show that all of our kids wanted to go on a walk and yet all of them complained incessantly about every single thing on this walk.
What it looked like inside our tent...I actually love our tent. I think it's a 40 person tent which is just right for a family of 5.
Walking down by the river with the giggin' pole. They actually gigged a water moccasin the night before down here, but saw nothing the next morning...thank goodness!
I told the kids to pose however they wanted and this is what we got. Pretty good!
This is what I get for telling Shawn an hour or so earlier to please, of his own free will, take the camera and get a few shots with me in them, so my children will know that I was at these events with them. I will say, I'm the only one that pulled out my toothbrush and used it so Ha!
A brunch treat...roasted marshmallows....4 to be exact...just for me. This is the first time my family has eaten the whole bag of marshmallows...I do think we had a little help, but not much!
And this is what it takes for our family to camp...6 pillows, 5 sleeping bags, four air mattresses (sorry Levi), 4 flashlights, and 3 overnight bags...plus all the food stuff!
Wouldn't trade our memories for anything! (well...a soft bed would be nice....maybe some A/C???)













No comments:
Post a Comment