Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I've been Stitch Fixed

Have you heard of Stitch Fix???  Super short version: You sign up to receive 5 clothing related items at the frequency of your choosing.  You tell the company as much detail about your style as possible.  A stylist sends you things to try.  If you like them, you buy them, and if you don't like anything, you return it and pay a $20 styling fee.  So I decided to give it a try and here's the results:
 
I was excited when it finally arrived!  I have it scheduled to arrive every other month, but you can have it arrive every 2-3 weeks.  That's too often to me.

Such cute presentation.

Piece #1 A necklace for $28.  I might would spend that much on a necklace but I would never buy this necklace.  It was super super long and so boring. 

Piece #2 Sleeveless Blouse for $54.  I liked this best of everything but not enough to pay $54.  Would never have tried this on in a store, but that's what I like about Stitch Fix.  I am trying on stuff that's outside my "box."

Piece #3 Striped sleeveless tank for $48.  Not a bad fit, but boring and I would have to love it enough to snuggle with it at night, for that price.

#4 French Terry Dolman Sweatshirt for $38.  The price is better, the material is soft, the color is good, but the fit was AWFUL.  I don't wear "big" flowy things and this was one of those. 

My fix also included a pair of straight leg jeans.  They fit correctly, but I don't really like straight leg jeans and they were $78 which I will never pay for a pair of jeans.  Amen.
 
I am giving them one more chance, since I burned $20 to try those clothes on.  If I don't like the next fix, then I'll cancel.  I went back to my profile after yesterday's fix and got WAY more specific on my likes and dislikes and rated each of these pieces so I have a feeling that the next fix will be right on.  I'll keep you posted.  If you are interested in giving it a try, please do!  If you sign up as my referral, I get a $25 credit...and the same happens to you when someone is referred by you. Here's my link: http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3720669     
We shall see...
 
In other news, I having been letting my hair grow out for 7 months now.  I had two tiny neck trims back at the beginning to keep from having too much of a mullet.  Other than that, it's just a waiting game.  Here's how short it was in December:

And here it is now.  Grow baby, Grow!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your hair is looking great. I have finally grown out my pixie cut from last summer. I can even get it into a teeny tiny ponytail. I have been wanting to try stitch fix for a while now and I loved your box...but I agree, those prices are a bit above my normal price threshold.