Saturday, May 30, 2015

1st Saturday of Summer

This may been the busiest day of our summer...and it's only the first one!  We had so many things scheduled this day that we wanted to be a part of so we just made it work!

We stared bright an early this morning garage saleing!  We love this!  The best deal of the day was this!  I got all of this stuff for a whopping $5!!!  Most of it was brand new.  I was giddy about this!  I also got 5 new DVD's for the kids for $5.  It was a great day to garage sale!

After that, we headed to Florence church of Christ where some of our good friends attend.  They were having an open house to try getting the community to know them better.  It was perfect weather and lunch was provided.  I made the mistake of eating one Rice Krispie treat...which lead to three more.  I knew that was a bad idea, but I just can't seem to stop eating those...the good news was, they were much thinner than normal so I'm going to say I really just ate 1 slightly thicker than normal one.  Allen, who preaches part time there, and Shawn and quite similar in build and hair style...and today they were even matching in clothes!  It was quite funny...this isn't the first time they've dressed alike accidentally!

We went straight from their to Levi's last official swim class.  He rocked it!  I still am positive that if he feel in deep water, he'd drown.  But, he absolutely has the basics down perfectly and can swim in the water....but coming up for breath and staying afloat is something we'll need to improve.  I loved watching him, in just two short weeks go from not really wanting to get his face in the water, to a full out swimmer.  I imagine he will be swimming really well by the end of the summer.


We headed straight to our friends 8th birthday party at Pump It up, after swim lessons.  The kids had an aboslute blast playing here!  Shawn and I even got to play one game of air hockey.  I lost and I'm still mad about it.  7 to 5.  Mad.

Levi and Natalie

From Pump It Up, Shawn and Levi dropped me and the girls off at one of the city pools for our end of the year Girl Scout Pool Party.  The girls had so much fun for an hour....until it started to thunder. :(  The pool closed, but the girls weren't too bummed because they were both invited to their girl scout friend's house to have a sleepover tonight!  Score girls!  Score parents!  Having one child IS.SO.EASY!!!  
 Welcome to summer, where everything is supposed to slow down!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Just got all updated on your blog and thanks so much for putting in all the time to keeping this up so we can see what is going on! You are such a wonderful Mom and I am so proud of you! We just can't wait to see the kids in June! No too long now! Talk to you soon! Love and kisses, Mom