This morning, against my better judgement, I got out of bed when it was still dark, and around 35 degrees outside with gusty winds, and did a 5k. The only thing that made me keep going (besides my hubs who stayed with me the whole time) was knowing that I could eat ice cream tonight with no guilt. I'd eat it either way, but without guilt tastes better. Ava also ran the race as well as plenty of friends from church. Elle helped run a booth at the end of the race. Thank goodness Gramme was here, because she took care of Levi back at the house, since he's been not feeling too great for a few days.
After everyone recovered from being a popsicle, we headed to Game 5 in Ava's basketball career. It was so wonderful to have Gramme come all the way down here, just to watch Ava play. I know it made Ava feel like a million bucks. Oh and it didn't hurt that Gramme bought the other 2 kids snacks during half time. We never do that so it was a big treat!
Here's Ava getting announced and heading to mid court.
I can't get enough of watching her play! She is really doing great and loving to play! She scored the first 2 points of the game today!
Gramme got to see them WIN! Ava was in heaven, having Gramme cheer for her.
After the game, Gramme had to head home, and the girls headed to do a cookie booth. That left Levi and me and Gramme gave us a few bucks to go get Levi a drink. He picked Root Beer float!
Here's the girls doing a cookie booth and thankfully, Shawn was willing to go with them this time. I am still wiped out from that 5k this morning and didn't think I could handle any more cold and wind today!








No comments:
Post a Comment