One of the troop leaders got the awesome idea of doing a Glamping Mother's Day Campout. I am getting spoiled....first pop up camper, now glamping in cabins. I don't know if I can go back to tents. I bet I'm going to be forced to sometime this fall....anyway, we had a wonderful weekend at Camp Texlake. I learned to read a compass, though I would still be lost in the woods, learned how to play Gaga Ball....look it up, it's so much fun (even though I twisted my ankle...which is still swollen), learned how to properly shoot an arrow (and find them in the grass), and I also learned how many bites it takes to eat one of those giant marshmallows (6). Sunday morning we got up bright and early and headed back home and had just enough time to get a donut on the way to church. Afterwards my family took me out to my choice of restaurant and I was reminded that there is a reason for dates with my husband.....kids are miserable to take out to eat, especially if it's not their choice. Other than that, I had a great Mother's Day! And then I rested from my glamping trip with our troop!
Friday, May 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Fun and memories!
Love the pic with the girls kissing you! Keep that for the not so good times! Love you
Post a Comment