Sunday, June 04, 2006

A very wet morning

Have you ever heard the sound of running water during a sermon? Well Shawn and I can now answer yes. With about 10 minutes to go, Elle looked at us and whispered " I need to pee pee." She then whispered it again as I was rounding up the bag and all needed supplies to take her to the bathroom. Then all the sudden I hear running water....well sort of a fast trickle. She is looking at Shawn with a weird look and Shawn is looking at me with an even weirder one. Shawn, as usual when it comes to any unexpected bodily fluid, freezes in place and loses the ability to solve a problem. So, I dive in. First, off come the drippy shoes, next the soaking wet bloomers and panties. The bib comes out for clean up on aisle 6 and then with her cute white bootie out for the world to see, a pull up is pulled up. All wet items are put under the pew, the bib is put over the wet spot, and I sit back up and look straight ahead as if nothing has happened and also I unpause Shawn. Elle, you can tell feels bad about it but still asks for gum. So that's the 1st interesting event of wetness. Then, to startle all the folks at our local italian food place, a waiter spills Shawn's water all over me, and to the untrained observer, they see a pregnant woman with a wet substance all over her dress and on the floor under her seat.....I'm sure it was an interesting site for the lunch time crowd. Hope this gave you a little giggle for the day. I'm headed to dry off and do some laundry.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm with Shawn...I'm pretty sure I would have frozen in a situation like that. Poor Elle. Well, at least she got a piece of gum out of it.

Emily said...

That is so funny. I am pretty sure Joey would have froze. I am impressed how you handled the situation. I am just waiting for the day that Riley says that she has to pee-pee.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the funny story! :) It made me laugh...A good thing as the last few days have been stressful. M and I are moving this Sat.!!! We got a 2 bdrm. townhouse in Knoxville and I begin work ASAP. (which has turned out to be a wishy-washy situation...work that is). Anyway, guess I should email you all this instead of taking up blog space. As always, great description of the situation in church...I could see it happening. :)