Monday, July 23, 2007

I ask questions second.


I'm not squinting or closing both eyes, I'm aiming using the end of the barrel.
Shawn skeet shooting.
The gang

Saturday night we had a last minute, barely planned, fun get together with a few friends. We all know that our time together is coming quickly to a close. We will be moving in about 3 weeks so we are trying to spend as much time as possible with friends. That is easier said than done mostly because Shawn is super busy right now with youth stuff. He seems to be busier than he has been all summer! They are getting their money's worth out of him these last 3 weeks! Anyway, only in Texas can you have a get together like we did. We all met at the Ransom's house for some dinner and gun shooting! I have found that I LOVE shooting guns and boy did I get the chance. I shot a 357, a shotgun, a 22, and a 9 mm and numerous other guns but they probably all fell under the same category as one of the ones I just mentioned. I will have to say that the 9 mm was by far my favorite. The shotgun was the least favorite considering that my right shoulder STILL hurts from the kickback. We did some skeet shooting with the shotgun and it was just so heavy I had a hard time keeping a steady hand. Shawn did AWESOME. He did a double skeet where two disks fly in 2 different directions and it was a pump action shotgun so it had to be pumped after the first shot and both times that he did the double skeet, he shot them both! It was unbelievable. He definately earned bragging rights. Anyway what fun! I know what I want for Christmas...ha ha ha! Elle and Ava had fun also. Elle played with all the other kids there and Ava got passed from person to person, which I loved. It was nice to have others taking care of her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun. Some of my best childhood memories are with my Dad and him showing us how to shoot. Good Job Shawn.

Lesley said...

Hey, looks like fun! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your friends...there are some people here that still don't know we're moving because it happened so quickly and we've been at Blue Haven! I won't even be able to see one of my friend's babies that was just born before we move. Off topic...but anyway I'm glad y'all got to have a get-together.

Emily said...

First, looks like lots of fun. Way to go! Second, I am glad that Shawn actually wears that hat!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is please be careful! Mom's tend to worry when real ammunition is used:) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

LOVE the title!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised no one has commented on how EMMA'S EYES ARE CLOSED!!!! :)

Katie