Sunday, August 19, 2007

Moving In Day

So Tuesday the movers showed up around 9:30 and began packing like Tasmanian Devils. We left around that time and headed to Georgetown to drop off the girls and then head on to Austin to sign closing papers. Everything went wonderfully smooth. The movers showed up around 8:30 that night and began unloading. They were finished around 10:30 pm. We unpacked enough to have a bed and all conked out....oh but wait....there was one minor little incident that first evening. Around 10 pm we were all getting very antsy and tired and the movers were too. Elle was still awake since we didn't even have the bed put together yet. She was getting a little overtired which made her do annoying things and just get into everything. So to be helpful to my mom, who didn't really need the help, Elle went and got her 44 oz. coke to bring it to her. As she walked across the living room floor with our brand new virginal carpet that was so so clean and pretty she proceeded to spill the entire 44 oz. of brown syrupy substance all over the carpet. I immediately screamed and ran around like I'd gone mad...mind you the movers are now stopped to watch the incident and see what's going to happen next. I run for the kitchen to get some towels....but oh yeah, everything is still in boxes. So, I grabbed all of Ava's blankets that I could find and began dabbing it up. (I think I would have used my shirt had I not found those blankets...thank you blankets!) My mom and husband in the mean time were putting Elle in the witness protection program so that I didn't hurt her. I dabbed for what seems like forever and had never soaked up so much stuff out of one carpet before! The movers left while I continued dabbing since they realized they weren't going to witness a murder. Well, I got it up the best I could, Elle was put down for bed time and my husband and mom timidly came back down the stairs to see if I had calmed down. I think I sat with my head in my hands not moving an inch for at least 10 minutes. I was just sick. The next morning Shawn called a friend from church to see if he knew of any carpet cleaners and it turned out that one of the members worked for or owned a big carpet cleaning business and he came out immediately and did an amazing job cleaning our carpet. Don't lecture me about how it's going to happen a hundred more times, or how it's just a material possession that I shouldn't care that much about....I KNOW! But, I still don't have the money to fix all the boo boo's that can be avoided! So, I still love Elle and my carpet is all clean so the world can keep rotating....and we have a new rule....food and liquid stays on the tile!

Wow, that was a long story but here's the rest of what has been going on this week. We had all boxes pretty much unpacked and everything put away by Saturday. We still have the garage to do, which we'll do tomorrow and we haven't put up the pictures only because we have a lot of large framed pictures and we need to really think about placement. Everything else is done! We are pleasantly surprised at how all of our furniture fits so nicely in our new home. We will need to get a round kitchen table that we can put leaves in, but everything else works quite well. I will post pictures of each room later...that is a monumental task in and of itself.


Today was Shawn's first official day as a preacher and neither of us were a bit nervous...it was weird, but we just didn't feel any nervousness. He did a great job on both sermons and the girls did pretty good with just me taking care of them during church. Along with getting our house all together, I'm also redoing the church nursery to make it a cradle roll classroom too. It is going to be really cute and I'm ready to get it together so I can teach Ava! :)


So that is life right now. It is good and we appreciate all your prayers. We still miss our friends in Greenville pretty bad and hope they will come see us....we need a fix already! Please continue to pray for an easy transition, more for me and Shawn than the girls as we settle into what we hope is YEARS here in Georgetown.

Signing our life away.....I mean closing.

Getting ready to go in our house for the first time.

Elle found her room...she was just rolling around on the floor and running in circles with all the space!

Elle and Ava in the indoor pool...a.k.a. the master tub.

Elle breaking the new house in....stairs are a novelty to her.

Dinner time when there's no furniture yet.

This was taken this morning before our first official day at Gabriel Oaks. If you look close Ava is yawning, not screaming....it was early.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going so great. Can't wait to see you. I know the Lord will bless you richly. love you

Lesley said...

Come see our carpet if you want to feel better about yours.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Love the house!!! Are you sure you didn't like the one here better? :) Didn't the cracks add character? You can't get that just anywhere!
We miss ya'll! There were about 25 kids circled around the bus last night waiting to go to devo. No plan. So, Gary drove. At least he interned under the best!
We wish you all the best of everything. Post pictures of the girls often. Something tells me I don't really need to say that.
Krista

Anonymous said...

i'm soooo happy for you.
seems like everything's going dandy (except for the carpet scare - ouch!) but in the end, your daughter is still alive, and the carpet's still there - so all is well.
miss you bunches. can't wait to travel to tx!! a book signing there?? :)