Thursday, August 30, 2007
These are the Days of our Lives
Not much new here. Just a few little snippets from our oh so interesting existence. First, this morning Shawn brought me flowers, props to Shawn. I was telling Elle to make sure that when she gets married one day to marry a man that brings her flowers. Her response was "When I get big, I'm not getting married. I'm going to be a dump truck." What a proud moment in a mom and dad's life. Second, Ava christened the stairs a few days ago with a nice crawl of about 6 steps and an even speedier decent to the bottom of the stairs. Yes, the baby gate was left open, she crawled on up and promptly fell to the bottom, banging the side of her head on the tile below. It left a beautiful bruise on her eyebrow that compliments the one on her cheek from falling earlier in the week on the tile once again. Lovely for birthday pictures...but maybe it will be gone by then. Shawn is still working from home....he's getting the taste of a stay at home mom and I think he might be getting just a smidge cranky...ha ha ha! He is keeping somewhat busy though with visiting, funerals and a bible study with our neighbor! I am working on still getting the house together which is so close to being done. (thank you Shawn!) I am also getting the cradle roll class together for church. It is coming along nicely but it will be nice to just have everything done and be teaching it. Just lots to do to get a class like that together. Sometime I'll post pics of the classroom when I get it finished and all the equipment is in. Elle is not minding at all lately, though she seems to have a good heart, her little body rebels all the time. It is a trying time! Ava is becoming quite a stinker also. If I tell her not to pull sissy's hair, or don't touch that, she immediately touches it and looks at me as if to say "And what are you gonna do about it?" Wow! So training begins with #2. Pray for calm and settling for us in the next week. Hopefully we will have loose end mostly tied up by then. I need that settled feeling! Sorry no picks, but I know you're more interested in the written word anyway ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i for one, love the written word. :)
i'll be thinking of you and praying for settling...oh, and watch the baby, will ya?? she needs to look good for her one year close-ups.
You know Ava will be really good at going up and down the stairs before you know it. Then you will not need the baby gate. If the bruises are still there at her birthday then you will always remember how you had just moved to your new home right before she turned one!
I personally think that Ava would have knocked the gate down and gone downstairs anyway. :)
Post a Comment