Thursday, September 27, 2007

The new cradle roll class



I'm ready for class Miss Mommy!

Here are two pics of the new cradle roll room at the church building. I wish I had taken some before pics but truly there was nothing to see. It was all white and had crazy curtains up. There was a crib, a box of broken toys, a changing table that was broken, and 2 very very very old upholstered chairs that sort of rocked but not really and where hard to get in and out of. It was interesting, but with a lot of help, it has turned out quite bright and cheery if I do say so myself. The changing table in the pic has been removed and a new one is in it's place. I am working on getting a glider or 2 donated also to take the place of an old wooden rocker that hits the wall after about 4 rocks. Also I still need to paint the "tails" on the kites but that will be a quick fix. Otherwise we are up and going. Ava and the other babies are thriving! The first Sunday we had class, we had 4 babies! It was wild. Two were about 4 months and 2 were 1 year old. Usually I have 3 on Sunday and 2 on Wednesday nite and they love it. I am so thankful to be able to teach these babies. It is amazing how quickly and early they soak up the routine and start really getting into it!

6 comments:

erin said...

That's great. I've been involved in cradle roll since I was a sophomore in college and it's so important. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The room is so cute and cheerful, I'm sure thost babies love being in there MUCH more now that its bright and clean looking!
Way to go Emma!

Emily said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Emma. The Lord will truly bless you.

Lauren Hope said...

what a great job. knew you could do something creative. fun what a small, empty space can turn out to be!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Emma! That's my girl. Love, Mom