Monday, October 29, 2007

21+10


Our friends got together and bought Shawn a "manly" tie because they still don't get his sharp looking style with his bright colors...but they did put the gift in a cute pink bag.

Cupcakes for the kids



It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since I met Shawn and helped him celebrate his 21st bday. Yesterday, Shawn turned 31 for those that aren't so good at math. We celebrated by having a few friends over for a Halloween birthday party. Everything turned out so well and the cake was D-LISH! I got the recipe out of Country Living. I have never made a cake from scratch before and now I know why...though the cake was so yummy, it took a good 3 hours to make and dirtied up just about every measuring cup, measuring spoon, bowl, spatula, and whisk I owned and I own quite a few of each! But, Shawn loved it and that's what matters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have hung around and go a piece of cake. That looks great. Good Job Emma. Glad the party was a success. Only a manly man can wear the ties that Shawn wears. love you

Anonymous said...

Ok, I meant got a piece of cake. Don't you hate those typos.

Emily said...

Everything looked great. Good job on making a cake from scratch. Happy Birthday Shawn. Oh, and I like the ties you wear.

The Montandon's said...

I like the Texas tie. Looks like y'all had a good time. Keep us in your prayers as we travel home from Kauai.

Lisa said...

Happy birthday, Shawn! I think I can remember a couple of birthday parties way back in the day...good times.

Lauren Hope said...

you are an awesome wife. good job on the cake. making stuff from scratch is hard.
happy birthday to shawn!

p.s. i think shawn looks better with age.
you know those type of men...michaels the same way. he was cute at 18 but looks better now. i can't wait til my husbands 31! hehe

Lesley said...

Hey Shawn, happy birthday. And I like the bright colorful ties too. I agree w/ Barbara.