Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Stomach Bug and Other Misc. Stuff

Yep, it's been going around and it's the reason that there is dust collecting on my blog. Elle got sick last Saturday and was sick till Monday. On Monday Shawn woke up sick and was sick until Tuesday. On Thursday I started puking my guts out and other things just as enjoyable as that and was still sick until yesterday. Hence, there has been no updates lately. I woke up yesterday morning finally feeling normal (whatever that is :). What an update this could be if I gave my normal long-winded update but for now, because I am REALLY busy I will keep it short and simple.
1. We traded in the Element for a Kia Sedona...I'm depressed, because I will forever "look" like a mom from here on out. But, I do LOVE the minivan the car place paid off the element and we are paying only $5 more a month for this! It seats 7!

2. Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it at my Memaw's and then on Friday went to my brother and his wife's house for a day of fun and celebration of Niko turning 27! It was the most fun I've had in a while.

3. I hosted the first Bunco party last night for some ladies from church and it was A BLAST! For many this was a first time to play and they had a great time. I am looking forward to years of getting to know the women of Gabriel Oaks better and having some girl time!

4. As I said above we have all been pretty sick, but I think we are done now.

5. Ava says No! and WOW! now. She is starting to mimic what we say sometimes...quite funny. She whispers really loud "WOW" when we go past Christmas lights....that is directly from me because no matter how many times I see Christmas lights I still ohh and ahh and say Wow! every time I see them :)

6. We are headed to Tyler Thursday to spend a few days with family and celebrate Christmas a little early. We will go back again on the 25th for a few more days.

7. I am having an open house for the entire church in a few weeks and I'm really excited about that!

Well, I'm running dry of thoughts. I guess that's what is going on right now. Sorry it took so long to update.

Let's eat! Thanks Nana for letting Mommy and Daddy eat in peace for once.

Elle really bonded with her Uncle Niko while we were there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. Glad everyone is well and congratulations on the van. It isn't a bad thing to look like a mom. Can't wait to see you.

Lesley said...

Sorry Emma, I think carting around two small children is what tips most people off that you are a mom. I'm really excited for you guys about the van. Can't wait to see it and y'all when we all go to Tyler!

emma said...

Not true! I don't always have the kids with me but now with or without the kids...everyone sees a mommy! I love being a mom, but I really don't want to "look" like one. It's like loving to teach, but not wanting to look like a teacher.

erin said...

Whatever happened about Shawn's truck? Did I miss that?

emma said...

$1200 later, it was good as used. :) We'll pray it lasts another 289,000 miles!