At nap time every day Shawn or I will pray with each girl before their nap. Usually we just pray for a good nap, a rested body, and we thank God for the day so far. Today, Elle has been STUBBORN! and lots of other things that aren't pleasant around nap time and clean up time. They have been especially difficult for her lately. So here is how I said today's prayer:
Dear God
Please help Elle to stop being stubborn, to stop being fussy, and to obey her mommy and daddy because we know that in the Bible it tells us that children are suppose to obey their parents and we know it makes you very sad when Elle doesn't obey what you said. Please help her stop being so disobedient and stubborn and help her to obey with a happy heart and do what we ask her to do without all the fussing, crying, and throwing fits. In Jesus name, Amen!
I feel sort of bad that we couldn't have ended on a better note, but seriously the girl is so difficult! Also if you are a grandparent reading this please don't leave a comment like"Oh not our precious Elle...she is a perfect angel" because YOU DON'T LIVE WITH HER! I know she's great, but you don't deal with the constant stubbornness...you can give her back! Please also know that I'm not about to go smother her in her sleep, I'm just having a moment of total annoyance with the behavior! UGGHHH!!! At least I have a few hours of quiet to work on my slow breathing.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey, I was waiting for you to say that Elle made some type of comment. I say way to go Emma and what a way to approach the matter. Good Job!
I'm still giggling like a little girl over this one. I'm gonna try that on Riley when we've had a rough day. Very clever and underhanded. Woohoo Emma!
Not my Elle....! Nana
Post a Comment