The MASH group got together last night for our monthly event. We all went to Pappasito's. I have never in my life witnessed such a crowd in a restaurant. I felt like a foreign tourist gawking at something that everyone else was oblivious to. I guess I sort of was a foreign tourist...we don't go out to nice restaurants at 6:30 on a weekend nite so this kind of crowd was new to me. Thankfully for us, one of the girls that is part of our congregation works at Pappasito's and made reservations for us! They don't do that on Valentines unless you have connections :) The food was wonderful; shrimp, lobster tail, the best beef and chicken fajitas anywhere, and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert....yes please! After that, we headed to one of our couples houses to watch Fireproof. Here's my critique on it: I thought the story line was really good, and touching, and if you've been married for more than 5 years, or had a rough go from the start, this movie was quite truthful. The downside; other than Kurt Cameron and the actress who played his wife(it may be his real life wife?) it was pretty cruddy acting...think H.S. play-type acting and the cameras used to shoot the movie where pretty low-budget too. But again, the story line was touching, the fact that is openly discussed Jesus was wonderful, and the cleanness of the whole thing (no cussing or crude joking) made it totally great. It was a wonderfully redeeming story that made you feel good at the end. So, that's my 2 cents.

This was our 12th Valentine's to celebrate together!
What a fun bunch!

...and pretty rowdy too!
1 comment:
You were of course the best looking couple there! Yay for Valentine's dinner dates....without kids!
Post a Comment