Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Gender ID take 2

This morning we went for our BIG ultrasound to check the babies health and hopefully find out the sex of "it." First, the good news: our baby is extremely healthy! The dr. checked for spina bifida, cleft lip, bladder, heart, bones, spine, brain, amniotic fluid, and placenta placement and every single thing checked out wonderfully!!! The baby is measuring right on for all of it's measurement and that is something to praise God every minute about! It was so wonderful to see everything as it should be. I could not be more thankful. Okay that was the good news. Now for the great news!
We're having a
Truly, we are so very excited about this new adventure. I have prayed since way before this baby every was, that whatever was best for us would be. I prayed that whatever gender would be best for our family would be what this baby is. I am more than at peace with having a boy. We are definitely going out with a bang for sure! We have a lot of family and friends that have boys so I know if I have questions about how in the heck I'm suppose to wipe that area, I have lots of people I can call! I feel now that not finding out for sure 3 weeks ago was a blessing. The doctor said she was almost sure last time, but we just couldn't see proof on the screen. That gave me 3 weeks to let it soak in that it was a boy. Now, I'm all about it! I am excited to look at a color other than pink every once in a while...speaking of, many have asked a few questions about how a boy will work in our house. So here's the answers:
Elle and Ava will get bunk beds sometime before April and will start sharing a room. They know it and seem excited about it. I expect much later bedtimes because of it. I also expect the room to for sure never be clean again. Second, the bathroom WILL stay pink. Sorry son. I love that bathroom and you'll just have to get your testosterone pick-me-ups from some other place. Plus he has a daddy that loves pink so he will too :) Third...names....nothing is set in stone at all, but we do like the name Levi. I like it more than Shawn, but we have looked and looked and can't find another name that tops it at this point, but we could change our minds last second so don't be painting Levi's name on anything or having it sewn on something till we have told you FOR SURE! Last, I hate boy clothes that have sports stuff on it so please save your money and buy yourself something from Starbucks if you were just about the purchase a "homerun" onesie. ha ha ha
Okay, enjoy a few more pictures from today. We have heard that raising a boy is easier than raising a girl...let us hope so! I am just about out of fuel! I truly feel that Ava has prepared me very much for having a little boy. Today I went to Hobby Lobby after we found out and bought boy scrapbooking stuff and just about everything that the boy stuff said like "my favorite color is dirt" or "rough and tough" I just kept thinking, "You know, I could use this stuff for Ava too." Here are two more pictures from the exciting day we had!

I took this one in our bathroom as soon as we got home. I then sent this picture to all our families by email.

And I have now entered the world of boy scrapbooking paraphernalia...soon to be followed by the boys section at Target and Old Navy!

9 comments:

the campbell family said...

I love Levi...but if that changes I will love the next name just as much! And don't forget about the boys section at the Children Place - much cuter than Old Navy's stuff (I'm not much into letting Jack wear skulls :) and the same $$ or cheaper.

emma said...

oh thanks! we have a children's place outlet right down the road!

Lesley said...

Go to Kohl's! I went there today and they have a ton of really cute stuff (newborn too!) on sale. I am so with you on the sports paraphernalia. Why does every baby boy outfit have to say "Daddy's little all-star" on it?

Anyway, congrats, and we can't wait to meet HIM!

Lesley said...

And I second Children's place. The outlet has almost the same exact stuff as the store for much cheaper. The only problem is I couldn't find any newborn stuff there. Have fun shopping!

Emily said...

We are excited for you guys! It will be a great adventure I am sure!

Hollee said...

Congratulations!!! So happy that the baby is healthy - that's always such a relief to find out at every dr.'s visit! Enjoy shopping for everything boy - it's lots of fun!!

the campbell family said...

Yes Kohl's is wonderful too, especially the Carter's stuff - you may that outlet near you as well. And Mom said congrats too!

erin said...

The REALLY good thing is that boys don't need as many clothes. lol. Buy him some long shorts when he's 2 and they'll last 3 or 4 years. Anyway, as I said on Shawn's fb, I'm glad y'all were able to find out and I know you'll have fun. I would say that K was a lot tougher as a toddler than my girls but he's a lot easier now. The amount of time I spend "discussing" w/ Bonnie is scary, and she's only 3. Enjoy those baby kicks.

Leslie said...

I am just thrilled for you!!!!!! What a fun adventure you have ahead of you with a precious little boy!! I predict some mud in your future! Blessings!!!