Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Pull out the Christmas Sweaters...

Shawn wore this shirt to the church Christmas party this past weekend. I loved that he was showing his sense of humor! Everyone thought it was great!

Now that the firestorm of the Gender ID has settled a bit, I can get back to "regular" life. Since last Wednesday, I have been eating, sleeping and breathing boyness. I truly did not sleep well for about 4 days and went to bed really late every night because my mind was racing with all the to-do lists and boy ideas. Now, it's settling in and I'm feeling ecstatic and calm...at the same time. We have decided for sure that Levi will be this babies name. We started calling him that to the girls and they both loved it, though Ava goes back and forth between calling him Ezra, Eli, and "What's your babies name going to be called?" She cracks me up when she's not making me scream.
The girls did their traditional ornament painting a few days ago and showcased their unique styles. They loved getting to do their own thing with no help from me. I loved giving them that freedom to create with no boundries.
Last night I hosted Bunco at my house. This marked the start of our 3rd year of this and I have to say it was a wonderful start. Instead of drawing a name to win the big basket of goodies, we all decided that the hostess picks the theme and then gets that basket. My theme was Sugar and Spice; all things peppermint and cinnamon. I loved my basket. I got some of the cutest things and lots of little things I wouldn't every buy for myself because they were luxuries, but were wonderful to receive as a gift! We have one more little party to go before Christmas and that is for our closest neighbors. We are going to do an ornament exchange game and finger foods.
Christmas shopping for the girls is totally done! Woo hoo! Shawn has 2 tiny things for his stocking and that's it. We are going much much lighter this year since we have the doctor and hospial bills, bunk beds, and a new baby all coming in the next few months.
Enjoy these last 2 1/2 weels before the big day. I am relishing each day. I am feeling great, and everyone is healthy and I really couldn't hope for much more!

4 comments:

the campbell family said...

We pared down this year too, Tim and I aren't even exchanging gifts. With Rileys bday and Christmas just 2 weeks apart this is an expensive month. Plus our families get him so much stuff (can you say 4-wheeler? It's scary, but true!) Glad you're feelin' good and I can NOT wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks. YAY!

Lesley said...

Yay for deciding on a name! Ezra will love playing with his cousin Levi. Hope y'all have a good Christmas...we'll miss seeing y'all. Maybe we can plan a visit down there early next year.

Lesley said...

P.S. I know it hasn't escaped you that next Christmas you will have an 8-month-old sweet little baby boy! Can you believe it?

The Montandon's said...

I like Levi. Sounds like a good fit!! Shawn, that is one embarrassing sweater.