We went to the Outlet Mall today to look for some ideas for Elle's birthday...it's a ways off, but I might be a bit preoccupied as her birthday gets closer, so I'm starting now. Anyway, Shawn and I walked past the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and we both couldn't stop staring at the apples. Shawn wouldn't dare go in, because he knew they would be too expensive. I said "You only live once....plus I'll pay for it...I did just sell my drums." So, we went in and picked out this baby...I say "baby" because it weighs close to what my baby weights right now. It was a toffee, caramel apple. We waited until we got home to eat it and let me just say, it was worth all $6 that I shelled out for it. It did NOT disappoint. It was amazing and we ate and ate and ate and still have 1/2 of the apple left so it's like getting 2 desserts making the price justifiable. Well worth the splurge.
This was another purchase we made at the outlet mall. It should clear up any questions that some may have had about carrying on the pink tradition that Shawn has started, with Levi. This shirt is 12-18 months, which hopefully will fit him right about Easter time next year. We both loved it, which is rare and decided this would be one of the few clothing items we would buy new. We like resale and not only that but we have gotten a lot of hand me downs from friends so buying him new stuff will be for special occasions only. This is one purchase I won't ever regret...can't wait to see my baby wearing this next year!
So there ya have it: my life in pictures right now. I am feeling calm and in control (don't tell God about the in control part....every time he hears me say that, he throws something crazy my way.) So maybe it's not in control, but on a good path of nonprocrastination. Hope you weekend is wonderful!

4 comments:
I loved this update! I wish I could just come stay with you for a year and study up on the non-procrastination species. I know I had my chance...but I blew it. :)
1. That apple looked awesome.
2. I think God might read blogs.
3. It's not that I didn't like Babywise, it's that I could never make myself get up and wake Ezra up if he was still sleeping in the morning. I never could get behind the "establish a wake time" thing. No self-discipline.
Love the pink! I just bought Jack a pink polo shirt with an argyle print - two of my faves together :) Do you remember Riley and all the pink he wore? And I'm with Lesley, Babywise is def. good for you, it worked great with both the girls, I just couldn't do it myself. I have no self discipline either, at least where things like that are concerned!
If you received the latest comment that was on this post, sorry. A coward who would only sign in as "anonymous" wrote it so I can't do anything about it. To the author of the comment, if you don't have the guts to sign your name, keep your mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard.
Post a Comment