Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful

I think it's fitting that since the last time I posted was on the first day of November, that the only other post for the month is on it's last day....just hasn't been much to post about lately but I think that's about to change. My favorite time of the year is upon us! We headed to Tyler for Thanksgiving as usual and were truly blessed to spend time with all of our brothers and sisters. Rarely is everyone in the same place at the same time so it was wonderful to see all 8 brothers and sisters and their husbands and wives, 2 great grandmother, all the grandparents, 8 cousins, not including my kids, and 2 babies to be born in the next few months as well as aunts and uncles and a cousin of mine! It was wonderful to reconnect with people and eat yummy food! Truthfully, the highlight of my time in Tyler was getting to go on at least 3 dates with Shawn. We saw a movie, went on a coffee date with Shawn's sister and her hubbie, and went out to eat with Shawn's brother and his wife. We also ate at Smashburger which was on my agenda and it did NOT disappoint at all. The only thing I didn't get to do was go to Orange Leaf for some frozen yogurt....but I'm headed back there at Christmas so I'm sure that will get marked off the list then :) I'll leave you with a few pictures that Lesley or I took while there!

took this shot on my parents front steps as we were leaving their house and headed home


Ava and Josey putting on fake earrings...and later makeup. I think these two will be sweet friends :)
Thanksgiving at Gramme's
This picture perfectly captures every personality
My side of the family at my grandmothers house on Thanksgiving Day
Riley and Elle -two more sweet girls that I think will have a forever bond that goes beyond being cousins :)
All the grandkids on Shawn's side of the family...#10 will be here in January!
Sweet Cousins

2 comments:

Bren and Jim said...

Emma, thak you for the wonderful pics. I copied the one of the Northens for my album! I am sending some that Jim and I took to your Mom. Be sure to get copies as 2 of the best are of Levi :) Happy Holidays to your family! Love you,
Aunt Brenda

Jupers said...

Thanks Emma for taking the pictures and for letting us see your beautiful tree...can't wait to see the others! Love, Mom