Today, we decided to take advantage of the fact that Elle didn't have school, (Thank you presidents?) and the weather being so nice and we headed to Enchanted Rock State Park. We've been wanting to go for a while, but have always had a too-small baby or pregnancy. So today was the day! We were all very excited. We headed out around 8:30 this morning and had a wonderful time! All I kept saying to myself as we climbed and my lungs screamed for air and my legs burned with pain was "Tough Mudder-12 miles-get over yourself." Yes, I'm doing this course in October and yes, I've lost my mind. But it has definitely put pain in a different perspective for me! Anyway, the kids did AMAZING as in did not complain or act tired one time. I was astonished! The wind at the top was crazy! It felt like we were in the middle of a very cold hurricane! The weather could not have been better; sunny and cool. It was a lovely road trip and a very happy memory for our family. Oh and my husband rocked the hike like nobody's business. I carried Levi for 1/50th of the hike and he carried him the rest of the way..on his shoulders...as if it was nothing!

If you look closely at the dots on the top of the rock, that's PEOPLE!!!
I wish I could say that I stayed back from the rest of the family to get cool shots like this, but in reality, I just could not keep up with them!!!
At the top! And this is what happens when a nonphotographer takes your picture...you get your feet cut off, but I guess beggers can't be choosers.
A 360 degree view of the world!







4 comments:
How precious..I luv my family and pictures! Waiting for Grayson now!
Rusty did the Tough Mudder!! (last year I think)No surprise there :) ... you should check out pics - I think Heather has them on her FB.
Looks like you guys had a great day!! I love the pictures you took! You have such strong children! And I'm SO impressed about this Tough Mudder business...that sounds harder than a half-marathon to me.
Such great pictures!! How fun!
Post a Comment