Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Fool's Eve

Dinner tonite: Grilled cheese and tomato soup...This is NOT tomato soup.......and I am NOT impressed.So Ava wants to see what all the fuss is about....and decides that whatever it is, it's good! She slurps down the whole bowl! (shredded cheese and all!)Levi only got the "sandwich" and he seemed VERY happy with it.All smiles now as everyone figures out that we are getting to eat dessert first!!
Tomorrow is April Fools. And I love April Fools. I have so many funny ideas floating around in my head and have to really reign myself in and remember that my children don't always appreciate a joke, especially when it's on them. So, I'm biding my time until they are hitting puberty and already don't like me and then I'll really unleash my April 1st fury on them. For now, I keep it fun and silly and just a little annoying. I have learned one thing about April Fools with my kids. It's not really complete unless Elle gets mad. Year after year, I fool them with food and year after year, Elle gets angry at first. I think she takes after me. When I'm expecting on thing from my food and get another, it's not a pretty sight. Anyway, we have 1st Sunday tomorrow on the actual day of April Fools, and then we are headed out to a park at dinner time so it would be hard to fool them with food at the park or church, so I struck tonite :) We had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner....or did we? It's actually pound cake with icing in between the layers, and vanilla yogurt tinted orangish. Both girls were definitely put off but since Elle acted upset, Ava of course acted like she loved it. And truthfully it was really yummy. Just hard on the taste buds when you're expecting savory and instead get sweet! It was a fun one and they were completely unaware that it was coming. Another April Fools for the books....until next year.....or maybe even tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I loved both dinners...dessert and the real thing!

Angie said...

I love that you do this every year. It's so fun to see what you are up to!