Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Drifting

A few days ago our friend John from church asked me if my family would like to go out on the lake this week on his boat. I'm pretty sure that before he got the whole question out I had already said YES! None of the kids have every been on a boat and it's been quite a while for me and Shawn. So we packed up at least enough towels and food to last us a week, and headed to the lake to meet John. We had a wonderful time out on the lake today. We spent about 3 hours out there and it went by like 10 minutes! The weather was wonderful and we got to almost watch a full sunset. The kids all LOVED it and can't wait to go again. I did ask each of the girls what their favorite part was. Elle said "Steering the boat!." Ava said "Eating our food and playing in the water after we got back to the boat ramp." lol Enjoy a few snapshots.
 Although it looks as though I'm catching Levi as he attempts to dive overboard, in reality he wanted to play in the water so I'm holding him overboard and letting him.  I had a REALLY tight grip!
 Hold onto your hat Biggie!!  We were going full throttle!
 A view from my seat--I could have stayed on that boat all day...give me a good book and a pillow and I'd be set! (a fishing pole and bait would have been okay too!)
 Ava driving the boat :)
 Dinner on the lake
 Levi had us doing donuts in the middle of the lake
 If Elle can drive a car half as good as she drove the boat, we're in for smooth sailing in about 8 years!

2 comments:

Jupers said...

sweet!

Valerie said...

Looks like BIG fun!