Monday, August 27, 2012

Class of 2022 and 2025

It finally arrived....the day we've anticipated for how old is Ava a whole summer! :) It was time to take both girls to school. This morning went pretty well considering everyone had to get up early. The only meltdown to be had was by Ava because she didn't like the shoes I picked for her to wear. Total freakout with crying-snot-in-the-hair-meltdown. It was great. But as soon as we got in the car, she forgot all of her worries and the anticipation built. It took us all of 3 minutes to get from our driveway to the school which is wonderful. Just for the record, a few days ago when I was telling Ava how this mornings schedule would go, in hopes that it might calm any anxiety she had, she listened intently and then sat quietly for a minute. Then she quickly stated "Ya'll don't need to walk me to class. Just drop me off at the front of the school." Oh Ava, you could not be more ready for Kindergarten. I am so excited to hear all about their day. Elle seemed very excited too, but also a little bit timid, which is to be expected when you don't know anyone. I pray that she quickly makes friends, and the kind of friends that aren't catty--and yes, that is a lot to ask in 3rd grade. :( All of the students in Elle's class looked so much older! This might be the last year we get to walk her to class...we'll see, but I tried not to be a dorky parent that embarrassed her, though I've been told that as she gets older, no matter what I do it will embarrass her. Anyway, here's to a wonderful year at a brand spankin' new school...and here's to TWO DOWN, ONE TO GO!!!




 
 

No comments: