Friday, January 18, 2013

A Pedi, some Cookies, and Luggage

I love nail polish...a lot.  It's a cheap "fix" for me.  The other day I was on pinterest and kept finding all these gorgeous pictures of all kinds of things that all had the color scheme of green and turquoise in them.  I was Pinspired to redo my toenails asap!  I love love love this paint job...pretty sure it's my favorite ever!  It's too bad that it's too cold outside to show them off....guess that's what a blog is for......
 
Also, Wednesday was officially the first day of Girl Scout Cookie Season!  We started with 58 boxes and our goal was for each girl to sell at least 25 boxes so they could get a patch.  Approximately 12 hours after receiving the boxes, and feeling overwhelmed by the idea of trying to pedal these, I promptly begged Shawn to take over this aspect of our life....and he gladly accepted!  I can't explain what a burden this lifted off of me.  I am not the best person to try to sell these cookies...I don't exactly lead a lifestyle that has me in contact with lots of other adults....and our congregation is saturated with other girl scouts.  Shawn on the other hand deals with quite a few businesses on a weekly basis and I'm very proud to say that he had every box sold by yesterday!!!  HE ROCKED THE COOKIE SALE!!!  He took both girls yesterday afternoon all around our neighborhood and sold all the rest of the boxes we had.  I was so excited and proud of him and the girls.  I even snuck a picture of them selling to a neighbor!
 
 
Step 2 our of European Vaca Planning....find a new suitcase at a good price!  Today, we headed out to do a little errand running since it's Shawn's day off.  While at Target I found THE luggage I wanted for our trip...and it was on Clearance!!!  Cha-Ching!  The last time I bought luggage was in 2005 and that luggage was completely torn up....our belongings would not have survived a trip to Europe in the old suitcase and I love that this one will be very easy to spot on the luggage belt at the airport!  Super excited!!!

2 comments:

Jupers said...

For sure that will be easy to spot! Your off to a good start!

Nikolai & Shawnette said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE TOES!