Friday, July 05, 2013

Finally a 4th

We rarely have been able to celebrate a 4th of July in the 10 years we've been going to Camp Blue Haven, but sometimes, 4th session hasn't begun until after then.  This year was one of those.  I decided that I wanted to make the whole day special. Enjoy the pics I took yesterday and I hope your 4th was as festive as ours!

We started by making homemade lemonade.  The girls loved the juicing process!

 
Now that's true lemonade...straight from the lemon shell!
 
Then I read the kids some books I had picked out at the library, all about America.

One of the books talks about cherry pies so we made mini cherry pies....nothing more American than that...except maybe apple pie.




 We also pulled out the Perler beads and made all kinds of creations.  Those things are so much fun to do!

After that, it was time for lunch and time to try out our homemade lemonade.  It truly was just right!
 
We also had shrimp boil kabobs....they are delicious and pretty easy to make!

 After naptime, we headed to our friend Craig's house for a good ol' 4th of July celebration.
 
I made watermelon cookies and they were perfect for little hands to help with.  I put the icing on and they added the "seeds."



1 comment:

brenda said...

Looks like a perfect day :-)