Camping is already an adventure, but when you add 16 young girls, you are in for a wild ride! Our Girl Scout troop went camping last weekend from Friday to Sunday. We stayed in town and went out to the lake to camp. It was nice to be so close to home, yet "away" from it all. Friday night, we all converged on our two campsite overlooking the lake. We had a great view of the sunset! There were four tents to put up and the girls did a great job. No tents flew away during our weekend so I call that a success. Saturday morning we woke up to a chilly start and the older girls of the troop made breakfast tacos.
Then some of the younger ones took a hike along the shoreline.
The Brownies also began making habitats in their bug boxes they had made a troop meetings.
How many Girl Scouts does it take to wash dishes? Seven apparently.
After cleaning up breakfast dishes, our troop headed out on a long hike.
We told the girls to "act" tired at the end of the hike. They didn't have to try very hard. We clocked it at 3.75 miles for the hike!
Here's our official troop picture with all the adults too.
This was probably the best part of the weekend for the girls. Just hanging out in the tents and playing games.
Saturday evening we had foil dinners and everyone ate them up!
We also had a fire Saturday night. It was the perfect weather for one.
Sunday morning, I was up in time to watch the sunrise over the lake. I don't purposefully watch sunrises very often so this was amazing.
Because we were in town, our troop leader got donuts for breakfast and got the adults Starbucks! What a treat. Then me and the girls scrambled to get home and showered and headed to bible class and worship! I think I can just now say that I may have caught up on rest. What a great weekend with some fun memories.














No comments:
Post a Comment