Saturday, January 10, 2015

Making Up

The week after Christmas, I had so many fun things planned with my kids.  And then, each of then got a fever that wouldn't seem to go away.  It took the entire second week of our Christmas vacation to get everyone well.  I was very thankful that everyone got the sickies over with before starting back to school, but man that week was such a bummer week.  We got cabin fever so bad and were bored and irritated that we all just had to sit around.  Today we sort of made up for that!
First, I want to show you one thing we did do during Christmas break.  I'd seen something like this on pinterest so we tried it too.  We traced a tree and then made lines on watercolor paper, with glue.  After it dried, we painted inside the lines.  Ava was the only one that wanted to go off and do her own thing so she did a very colorful tree.  I loved how each of them turned out.  Levi wasn't into it at all so he didn't do one. Boo.  I hate incomplete sets....maybe I can get him to do one next year.  We finished them up with stars and ornaments during the "sick" week.  I loved how they turned out and am now trying to figure out a way to display them at Christmas since they aren't standard frame sizes.

Onto today:  We started with the kids building each of themselves a "house" in the living room.  When I came down to look, I was amazing at just how much of their personalities showed in their little "houses."  Here's Levi's: Stacked up high with all the stuffed animals he loves.  Simple inside.  Just his blankie, boots and thumb needed.

Ava's matched her personality well too!  She had her stuffed animals and a few art supplies.  She had posted four signs that all pretty much read "Daddy PLEASE come snuggle with me!!!"  (She loves to make signs and tape them on her bed, the walls, her door, beside the door....you get the point.)

Elle's was very well organized and everything was in it's place.  I had to laugh to myself at the sign she found and put right above her head.  I might need to truly hang that in her room right where she can see it often.  

After checking out those amazing "houses", we headed out the door for an adventure.  One of my our resolutions for this year, is to try something new every month.  It could be an activity or a restaurant.  Today we tried out Tacodeli.  Everyone ate their food happily, the place was VERY busy which is a good sign, and I had a delicious Coke (which I was suppose to be cutting out this year.  oh well.  I WILL cut down though.) Shawn still hasn't found a taco place to rival the one he loves here in town called San Pedro Limon but this one was still good.  

Then we went to a toy store we've never visited before called Terra Toys.  IT WAS AWESOME.  It's the best toy store I've ever been to.  I loved it and so did the kids and Shawn!  We will definitely be going back there around birthdays and Christmas time!  The icing on the cake was that they had a small table of Christmas items for 75% off today only and I got two AMAZING garlands for my candy room....like nothing I've seen before!

 Ava and Levi received Orange Leaf gift cards from Elle for Christmas (I'm so smart.)  They have been begging since Dec. 25th to use those gift cards, so we let them today.  Mind you it has been about 35 degrees all day, but weather doesn't dictate when I eat ice cream. (or my kids for that matter!)  For the record I still like Cherry Berry better.  :)

Now I sit here listening to the rain taunting me as it's about 32 degrees and yet no snow.  Maybe I'll wake up in the morning to white!  A girl can dream.

No comments: