Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Hairy Situation

So this happened today....and before I get lots of "smart" comments, I'm not taking about me...I'm talking about Elle!  She asked me towards the end of school if she could start shaving her legs and I told her we would wait until the summer.  She didn't bring it up again until a few weeks into summer and I told her that she's have to heal up all the mosquito bites on her legs before we tried....that bought me a little more time.  She hasn't pushed for it really at all, so I could tell it wasn't too big of a deal to her.  But, yesterday, she asked again and I told her we could do it today.  No turning back now.

She's laughing during this picture because although she's put up with my picture taking antics for 11 1/2 years, she still thinks it's funny when I pull the camera out for moments like these.

No turning back now!

It was a family affair.  Ava and Levi were both quite interested and entertained by the whole event.  Of course Ava asked when she'd get to start shaving....that child is not ready for a razor.

I'm happy to report that no band-aids were needed during this first time....I'm sure in time, she'll use up the whole box if she's anything like I was.  For now, she keeps talking about how soft her legs are and making me touch them over and over.  I see longer showers and higher water bills in our near future.

1 comment:

Jupers said...

So funny! I cut myself to pieces the first time I shaved. I think I may still have a scar! But now I feel really old with a grandchild shaving!