Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A New Frontier

First off, it has been burning up here and the days are lasting FOREVER so I have not had anything really worthy to post.  We are hot.  We are tired.  We are over summer....okay mainly I'm over summer, but I really thing most of the kids are too.  Anyway, today we entered a new frontier...middle school meet the teacher.  We picked up Elle's schedule earlier today and then spent our time before church trying to meet each teacher and check out the route she'd take to get to each class.  The way her school is set up, makes it so very easy for each grade to find their classes.  Sixth grade is on one side of the school with all of it's core classes together and then 7th and 8th are on the other side of the school.  All of her teachers seemed really kind and warm so that puts my mind at ease.  I think I am more concerned about Elle navigating the roads of friendships than I am about anything else...girls can be brutal.  But she seems to attract friends that are pretty down to earth and easy going.  I hope she finds that to be true in middle school too.  I knew I wouldn't be able to take a picture of her in front of her school on the first day, so we took one today after picking up her schedule.  

I'm not completely sure how I feel about her starting 6th grade next week.  I feel a lot like I did on her first day of Kindergarten, like I'm sending her into the big wide world and she has to stand on her own two feet.  It goes against all motherly things!

No comments: