Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day FINALLY!!!

The day finally arrived....the past two weeks have gone so S L O W and then all of the sudden we were rushing to get them in bed last night to start their first day of a new school year.  I am usually cool as a cucumber about the first day of school, but with two of my kids starting at a new school, I was a ball of nerves on the inside!  




I saw this idea about a week ago and had to do it for Levi.  He will wear this shirt every first day of school for a picture, until his senior year.  This is an adult medium shirt and it's hard for me to believe that one day it will fit him.  

After taking 1st day photos, we headed back inside to do a breathing treatment to finish clearing up some wheezing Levi has been having for about a week now.  This usually happens in early Spring so yippy that it happened right before school.  Not.  He took it in stride.

First stop, the elementary school.  

So I had no idea how exactly Levi would handle this going to school thing.  Thank goodness, he did awesome.  He didn't even act nervous.  He was confident and ready to go!  That made everything so much easier for me.  And though I didn't shed any tears, I did go back and peek into his classroom three times before I finally left the building, which was kind of hard to do!

Then we headed upstairs to take Ava to class.  She was also quite confident and is so so so excited for this year.  When she found out who her teacher was last week, she asked if she could go ahead and stay at her house with her till school started.  I think she was a little excited.  What's pretty cool is that Levi has Ava's Kindergarten teacher and Ava has Elle's 3rd grade teacher so everything is very comfortable as far as classrooms and getting to know the teacher.  We have loved both of these teachers!

Then it was just us and Elle....weird.  We are never really alone with just her!  It took us about 35 minutes to get her to the front of her school.  Without traffic, it takes about 5.  Crazy.  But, the drop off went really well and of course I took a picture through the van window of her walking up to school.  She never even looked back.  She was so ready for this transition.  That made everything so much easier (for us!)

So....all of the sudden I find myself reclaiming my mind and house!  Shawn and I spent the day celebrating the end of a 11 1/2 year chapter and the beginning of a new chapter.

No comments: