I needed to really challenge my Type A personality so I decided to make sugar cookies AND gingerbread cookies with my three children. It was a crazy, creative, loud, messy, chaotic and wonderful time! On Wednesday we made two batches of sugar cookies with the first batch using all kinds of decorations and a second batch using royal icing to "color" them.
The finished products using royal icing....these were FUN to make! We all had a lot of fun!
Today, we wanted to make gingerbread cookies! I got a little smarter today and only rolled out one big piece of gingerbread instead of giving each child their own dough. (that made a LOT of mess yesterday!)
Levi bathed himself in flour. I think I need to officially throw out what I have left and buy a new bag.
After baking them and letting them cool, we began decorating them.
I absolutely loved doing this. It was so soothing. The kids were quiet and good at sharing the whole time which was a wonderful surprise!
Ta-Da!
And now to consume as many as possible...and leave a few for Santa.














No comments:
Post a Comment