Saturday, January 16, 2016

Game 2

Ava had her second basketball game today.  It is AMAZING how much they improved simply by trial and error in the first game.  They did GREAT today and won, 24 to 12!  Ava had quite a few heart-stopping shots, but still no points earned yet.  I am just so thankful that she is loving playing each week.  I think it's a challenge to her and she likes a challenge! They only had 6 players today so every time a quarter was over, they had to rock/paper/scissors to see who got to sit out and catch their breath!  We have loved watching her play!  
Did you know that it's close to impossible to take good pictures with your phone, inside a gym.  Well, it is.

Every week after the game the coach gives out iron on stars in different colors to represent what he saw on the court.  They get to iron them on the sleeve of the uniform shirt.  This is the second week Ava got a yellow start...I seriously can't remember what it means, but I think it stood for sportsmanship.  


Unrelated to that, we have been slowly working on redecorating Levi's room.  We are going out with the old (meaning what the room was decorated as when he came home from the hospital!) and in with the new (meaning we are going for an outdoorsy manly lodgy feel.)  I can not wait for the room to be finished!  I have had so much fun hunting and gathering (pun intended) items to make his room all outdoorsy!  Today, we bought an olive greenish paint and painted over the sweet blue that we painted just about 6 years ago exactly.  We are loving how it looks.  I'll make sure and post pictures when it's done.


No comments: