Thursday, January 28, 2016

Game 3

As you can see from the blog, there really isn't much going on in our lives.  The holidays are over and the only consistent thing we are doing is basketball, so I will just continue posting about Ava's basketball games until something else exciting happens! 
Game 3 was our favorite so far!  Shawn had seen the other team practice earlier in the week and came home with bad news that if we ever played that team, we were going to get crushed.  When we arrived at the game on Saturday, guess which team we were playing... Somehow, someway, we didn't get crushed..in face we won!!!  The final score was 11-10 and it was a NAIL BITTER if I ever saw one!  I felt like I needed to go lie down and take a nap after it was finally over and Ava's team had won!  But to make it even sweeter, Ava scored the first two baskets!!  These were her first points to make since starting to play and we were ecstatic!  As usual, my picture quality is pretty horrible.  I'm going to keep trying though....and I WISH I had been able to take a picture of her shooting, but that's kind of like winning the lottery.  
She's in the white jersey.
After each game, the coach hands out stars that you can iron on to their shirts.  This week Ava got a gray star for good offense (I think....neither Ava nor I could remember for sure what the gray one stood for.) 


Later that afternoon, we went on a triple date to Austin with our friends.  We took them to Izo's tacos (which isn't the real name of it, but the real name is long and hard to pronounce.)  Afterwards, we ate at Gordough's and as usual it did NOT disappoint.  Shawn and I haven't eaten there in a while and it was still so delicious!  To finish the night, we wandered the "yard" around the capitol.  It was great to get away with some friends and get our laugh quota for the month!

No comments: