I feel very fortunate that Shawn is at a job that allows him to take kids to camp for 2 weeks and then allows us to have our family vacation for the week after that. July is always a month our family gets very excited about. Camp Blue Haven has been a part of our family's life for 14 years now (plus the two years Shawn was a camper.) In all of the instability in life, and especially the life of a preacher, this is our one constant. We love this place. We had a wonderful 2 weeks there this year. Elle thrived as a 3rd year camper, Ava yearned for next year, when she will finally camp, and Levi was one with nature all day every day. I would be lying if I said it was perfect...it was wonderful...but it was H.O.T. Hot to the point of never being quite comfortable. But, that is how it goes from year to year. This year also brought with it my 38th birthday...I've gotten a bit obnoxious about the whole birthday thing and demand to be taken into the mountains somewhere to open gifts. It works. After camp this year, we spent a glorious week in Pagosa Springs. There are so many things to do in and around Pagosa and we look forward to many more vacations there. I took around 450 pictures of these three weeks...it's so super hard to try to pick a few that represent our time together. I am coming to peace with the fact that this blog just won't be able to encompass all of the stories and thoughts that happen in those three weeks.
Camp is very much about dressing up for me. It's just fun. This was silly songs night.
70's day
Middle Sunday when we all get "dressed" up....this is as spiffy as we get at camp.
The next few pics are twins day. Ava and Josey won in their category!
Happy 38th to me! This was such a sappy birthday...and by sappy I mean I got sap all over my pants where I sit..and had to have Shawn work to scrub it off on the side of the road.
Banquet night
Our annual Hermit's Peak goodbye picture....off to Colorado!
It was a bit of a bumpy start for Levi. Zoom in. He's crying and I'm holding one of his shoes. It did get better after this.
We hiked 4 different hikes, three of which led to waterfalls. I loved all of them.
Shawn did some water therapy and froze his toes just about off.
Chilling on the back porch of the house.
Mesa Verde...where the view and roads go on for miles.
Durango--Bar D Chuckwagon....awesome and wonderful experience!
Happy Place
Groupie in front of Treasure Falls...the only "Air Conditioning" I got to enjoy.






















No comments:
Post a Comment