Yesterday was glorious. I had the house all to myself with nowhere I needed to go. I worked all morning on finishing up sewing stuff for costumes for camp. It was just a bunch of small things that needed time. We had plans to go to an outdoor venue in Austin that evening and eat at a food truck and listen to live Bluegrass, and then the heavens let loose! It is unusual to get rain in the summertime here, but we got plenty! So we revamped our plans and tried to go shopping at an outdoor mall, because the rain was off and on...but it ended up being mostly ON! This is me walking to the car while carrying my shoes.
Then we headed BACK to El Mercado, but a different location. It was still really yummy...but they were short-staffed so it look FOREVER.
After that, we were stuffed to the gills and that's when things took a turn for the romantic.
Naturally when you are stuffed, you still have room for Amy's. Oh how I love thee, Amy's!
We headed home, stuffed and happy and watched a movie that didn't end until 11pm and somehow I stayed awake for the whole thing. I think I'm beginning to see why I usually feel out of energy....
And lest you think about our poor kids who are missing out, here are a few of the pictures we've been sent this week!
Water-parking it!
At the Perot museum
At the Brookshire's museum
It is a good thing that they are coming back just in time to pack up and leave for camp or they would be expecting amazing entertainment when they get home!







No comments:
Post a Comment