Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Finally the First Day

This could very well be the title I use every single year for the next several years, on the first day of school.  The summer is so much fun...but sometime in early August, things just begin to turn sour....quickly.  We all were beginning to anticipate this day and it finally arrived!  All three kids woke up with bright eyes this morning at 6:30...WAY earlier than all of us are use to!  I know tomorrow will be a little harder!  This morning went so smoothly though.  Everyone fell right back into our normal school routine.  Elle did almost forget her lunch, but I reminded her!  Upon walking Levi towards the first grade hall, he began saying "Can you just hug and kiss me now?"  He really didn't even want us to walk him to class, but I insisted.  This is the joys and sadness of parenthood.  You want them to be confident and independent, but to some degree it hurts your heart when they are.  Anyway, once he walked into his classroom, he never even turned around for one last look at us.  Sigh.  At least I know he confident in himself!  So now I sit here in my very quiet house, and for the first time in 3 months, my brain feels just a little bit calm.  Yes, I am excited to hear all about the day with each child, and yes, I'm very excited to enjoy this quiet day to myself!







Elle didn't mind one bit that I took a picture as she got out of the car.  :)  I didn't get any pictures of the kids with their teachers because the elementary kids are too old (so they say) for that kind of thing....I'll just get it at the end of the year!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Love the sweeties pics!