Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

Our weekend was quite eventful this Labor Day!  My parents came in to help celebrate Ava's birthday a week early.  The weekend consisted of my mom doing french braids on the girls, scratching backs for as long as they wanted and giving pedi and manicures!  My dad took the kids to a nearby construction site two different times and let them go hog wild.  Their clothes and shoes and bodies told the tail.


Ava wanted to go to a sushi place for her birthday dinner with grandparents....when we say sushi, we mean COOKED meat.  The waiter overheard me telling Ava happy birthday and surprised her with a big bowl of icecream and a candle.  I thought that was so very sweet of him!

He also brought 3 spoons and the scene reminded me of those Discovery shows where the wolves take down a small animal and devour it in minutes.

On Monday, we had good ol' BBQ'd chicken, homemade potato salad, Texas caviar and to top it all off homemade cinnamon vanilla ice cream..it did NOT disappoint at all!

This also happened this past weekend.  Shawn and I salvaged some old fence panels from a neighbor a few months ago.  I asked him to make me a planter table out of it.  He was really in his element which surprised me because I didn't know he had this hidden talent.

Here's the finished product!!!  I am absolutely in love with it!  The only thing we bought was the window!  I am so so so happy with how it turned out and even more impressed that Shawn built it!

Changing subjects, we got an amazing deal for the month of September, to try something called Camp Gladiator for only $8 each.  We started dark and early Monday morning at 5:30 am!  I am traumatized at this point.....but DETERMINED to go through the month of September.  I have definitely figured out that I DON'T like competition-style work outs at all.  I'm not sure I'll survive the month, but we'll see.  I couldn't lift a finger to even take a selfie after the first....or second class, so this funny quote will have to do.  I'm thankful beyond belief that Shawn is taking the class with me!  Tonight we both took Epsom salt baths....we are hurting so bad!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Thanks so much for the relaxing weekend and for the wonderful meals! The ice cream was so delicious I could have eaten the whole gallon! I loved the easy going activities and just spending plain ole time with the grands! The park and rain storm was so nice..like the beginning of fall! Love to all! Nana and Poppy