Yesterday was the first "official" day of fall here....but of course you wouldn't know it because as I heard someone explain, we have now actually entered the season known as "Summer II." It doesn't sound fun. But, there IS a cold front on the way...the first one of the season and it's supposed to be here in the next day or 2 and that is what I have been hanging all of my last shreds of sanity on. My hair is tired of the messy bun....I'm sick of having to wear shorts and extra deodorant. It's time. So I'm just forcing Fall at this point. I pinned about 59 recipes that needed pumpkin and then picked my favorites and printed them off. I told my family to prepare for every single food they eat for a while to have a pumpkin flavor.
I've also been hunting for food at the store that has the word pumpkin in it. If they offered pumpkin scented toilet paper, I'd buy it.
In other news, I've also completed a few craft projects that have been hanging over my head for almost a year...or more. Here's the one that shows 3 generations of girl scouts. The girls are entering their 5th year!
I also completed these two pieces I'd been wanting to do forever. I knew they would be a little tedious and time consuming so I procrastinated them and constantly put them at the bottom of the list and just finally jumped in! I love how they turned out and they hang on my craft room walls along with the girl scout frame.
I made a list last year when I started my first year of being at home alone...a long list of things I wanted to accomplish. I finished every single thing except repainting the girls vanity (which I simply don't have the budget to do right now) and finishing Levi's first year scrapbook. I wavered a few times thinking he would never have a complete book, but I just kept telling myself that I couldn't do that to him after having 2 other kids who's books were complete....I REFUSE to give him the last child syndrome. Anyway, I had about 29 pages I needed to do to complete his book....that is A REALLY REALLY WHOLE EXTREMELY LOT of pages....so I made myself a little countdown and tore off a number every time I finished a page. Today, I got to tear off the last one!!!! It felt amazing!!! I have worked hours every single day for the last few weeks to complete it and it's finally done!
Here's the last page. I did the same thing with both girls too, for their last page. What's funny is that I told Shawn the other day that I didn't know what I was going to do with myself when I finished this scrapbook, since it was taking so many hours of every day....oh silly Emma.....
We figured out what I'll be doing with my time for the next month....Elle has decided to be Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween.....oh boy.










2 comments:
You just amaze me! You have such special talents and are so good at finishing things! That was always something I had to do too but I am not as good as I used to be! Mainly I just don't start anything! ha Anyway love the picture of the girl scouts and the other framed things you did. Cannot wait to see Levi's baby book! I am sure it will be wonderful just as everything you do is! Love you. Mom
Oh yea I love pumpkin too (but Dad does not) so you must have gotten that from me! Can't wait to see the LRRH costume.
Post a Comment