Welp, it officially happened. I am married to an old man...at least for the next 1 1/2 years when he will officially be married to an old lady. But, right now it's all about his oldness. Shawn decided he wanted to go camping for his birthday which I was thrilled with because I love to camp in the pop up! Shawn's mom Barbara, came with us! We headed to Inks Lake, which we haven't been to in 8 years, when Ava ate deer poop. She prides herself in that story.
Friday afternoon before we left.
Starting to cook dinner
Before it got too dark and while we waiting for dinner to cook, Shawn opened his gifts.
Dinner by lantern light (It wasn't really that bright...just looks like it!)
After dinner...gourmet S'mores with "40" candles.
The next morning Shawn and I...and all three kids, were up bright and early. We left the kids and went fishing for a little while with our coffee. It was nice and peaceful...but no fish.
Time to make breakfast!
My shirt should say "Camping hair, clothes, face, body....Don't Care" but I know that's not quite as catchy.
Took these peaceful picture of two kayakers cutting through the water just as the sun had come up a ways.
After breakfast we went for a hike. Ava is at the top of that rock!
We played in the water a little bit.
I had to take a picture of Elle helping Levi...this is rare at this stage in their lives.
We fished a little more before lunch with still no luck. Boo!
Another adventure in the pop up, in the books! It was fun to have Gramme with us to celebrate my old man.
















No comments:
Post a Comment