Thursday, August 17, 2017

Treat Yo' Self

I took off from Shipt today to have a day all to myself.  What did I do all day???  Here ya go:
Started off at the Dermatologist getting a signed piece of paper for Levi's nurse at school so she can give him his mosquito ointment when he needs it...he's still very allergic!  Blah.

After that I headed to Joann's.  I needed to hunt down a pattern and fabric for a Christmas gift for the girls....it's going to be EPIC.  (It better be...I spent a lot of $$)

Next, I headed to Michael's to get some spray paint for a project I'm almost finished with.  The plan was the spray paint today, but the can said to spray it in low humidity in room temperature....neither of those things is remotely close to what it feels like outside right now.

Then I met Shawn at Cane's, which I dearly love, for a quick lunch date!  It was funny...both of our shirts were subliminal messages to the kids...Shawn's said "Go Places" and mine said "That's All Folks!"

Then I had for a daily trip to HEB to pick up a random assortment of things I needed at the house.  I was in and out QUICKLY!

Headed to the carwash next, to wash off all the salty grime from our time at the beach last weekend.

Back to home finally, to make my traditional first-day-of-school chocolate chip cookies.

Then I made dinner, a big time favorite for all the family.  I knew this would be a good comfort dinner for all of them.

Up to my room to take care of the laundry I was too lazy to put up earlier this week.  It felt good to get it all put away finally!

With about 15 minutes till time to go pick up the elementary kids, I plopped (literally) onto the couch and watched a show I didn't care about, just to give my brain and body a break.

Shawn came home and went with me to pick up the kids.  Oh how I didn't miss the car line at school.

And then the real stuff began.  Hugs. Stories. Papers. Dinner. Showers. Cleaning Up. Zzzzzzz

No comments: