Monday, May 28, 2018

Start the Celebrations!

My mom and sister planned a trip to San Antonio to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday!
We started at Target here in town!

Once we made it to San Antonio, we started in the Market and bought all kinds of little Mexican treasures.

Then we headed to our hotel and quickly made our way up to the rooftop pool to check it out.  Made a mental not to DEFINITELY revisit it the next day!

We could see the Alamo from the roof down in the lower left corner of the picture.

We also visited the Pearl in San Antonio which is a cute little area with shopping and cool food.

I made it to that rooftop pool and pretty much planted myself in this little spot and read a book...I think I could have stayed for HOURS!

That evening we headed on a boat tour that was so pretty!  I wish it was twice as long because it was really pretty to look at everything from the river's point of view.


That night we headed to a cathedral that played a light show for free that lasted about 25 minutes.  It was super cool!

Saturday morning, we checked out of the hotel and headed to  Natural Bridge Caverns.  It was so so cool!  I wish I could have explored twice as much as we did.  It was such another world!  I haven't gotten to do that in a long time!

We ended our whirlwind 40th celebration with my very favorite ice cream ever!  It did not disappoint.  What a great way to celebrated a new decade!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Fun, fun, fun! Lets do it again next year for us all three or even expand it!!!