Monday, May 28, 2018

YES day!

Once a year, I try to do a "YES!" day with the kids.  I say yes to everything they ask.  Only 2 rules.  It can't go against our morality (LOL) and it can't cost any money.  Our kids look VERY forward to this day.  Interestingly this year, it was a very easy yes day for us.  Mostly they spent their entire day on the ipad, laptop and computer while off and on eating ice cream.  

Very early on in the day, Levi was on the computer playing games.  Usually they get 15 minutes per day to play on electronics so they were thrilled to have no time limits.

Ava played games on the laptop, while lounging in her bed.

Levi asked to go to Starbucks and spend his own money on a drink.

Ava asked to be taken to HEB to buy herself some ice cream.  Elle also bought some ice cream.  Ava's is completely gone as of bedtime....

Elle asked to be taken to a few stores she loves.  She spent time smelling every single smell in Bath and Body.

They asked to go swimming.  They also asked if I would get in the water and play...this was kind of hard to say Yes to...but I did with a big ol' smile on my face!

We had left over dry ice from a root beer recipe I made tonight and they asked if they could take it outside and play with all the leftover pieces...YES!

Shawn was going to put Levi to bed for me, but Levi asked if I could do it...YES!  The girls asked to watch a movie really late and sleep downstairs...YEP!  And with that, another YES day is in the books and because they zoned out on electronics, it actually wasn't too hard for Shawn and me!  But they will pay for all the screen time today...electronics fast coming up for the next 4 days!

No comments: