
This morning Leo was put down. I was brushing him and noticed another gaping wound at the base of his tail. I could tell by looking that it was going to be something where they would have to put him to sleep again, clean it out, and staple it together. This would be the 3rd time in a year that they would do this. It's about $150 each time they do and then you have to keep the wound clean and give him antibiotics for 2 weeks. We leave Saturday for Blue Haven for 2 weeks. Because we don't have the money to continue getting him fixed every time he gets in a fight, this was my only option. You may wonder how it gets so bad without me noticing...he has so much fur and it's so thick that you can't tell until a wound starts getting really infected so I wasn't noticing until it was really bad. Anyways, I'm okay I guess. Elle doesn't know yet, but I'll just try to explain that he went to Kitty Heaven. I don't want to tell her that he got sick or had to go to the doctor because I'm afraid that she'll then be scared when I go to the doctor for Ava. I'll be fine, but please don't call and ask if I'm okay because I'm okay as long as you don't ask. This is probably my last post before CBH. Sorry it's so depressing but it's my life. I'm okay :)

3 comments:
emma, when i was young we had a cat that had to be put down and it was mighty sad on the way to the vet, we all cried. it was like 5th grade. and you know i didnt even have a relationship with my cat much less feed it... so i can only imagine. dont get too down emma, we love you.
I am sorry to hear about Leo. I know that Elle will handle it okay. You guys will be so busy the next two weeks she will not even think about Leo and that will be good. Have lots of fun.
So sorry Emma...Laura told me about your comments on the blog...take care and know you did the right thing for ole Leo. Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment