Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Interesting....very interesting

Today's high is 104. I believe yesterday's was 107....is this a cruel joke? At 10 pm it is still in the high 90's here....crazy! I went to my Dr's appt today. Waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 5 minute appointment. lovely. I did get some interesting news though and it was something I suspected. There is no telling for sure yet, but it seems that Ava could very well be in a breech position. I have had a feeling of that for a few weeks now just from movements and less need to pee and all that. This is interesting because now I may not have to worry about choosing between a VBAC and a C-section...it may be chosen for me. Also, I believe if I'm not mistaken that for breech and C-section I would get to have that 2 weeks before my due date :) That alone makes me a little less bummed by the prospect. Either way, I have appointments every 2 weeks now so maybe they will have a better idea when I go back. If there's a possibility of it, they will do a sonogram to determine for sure. It doesn't bother me and if anything excites me that I can plan everything better and have Ava possibily 2 weeks earlier! In other news, remember how Elle was sick all weekend. Well she developed a mild rash on her torso and back and so I looked it up on the interent to see what was going on. I believe she had Roseola, a common childhood disease. It's highly contagious, but mainly to young children-that's why Shawn and I don't have any symptoms. It's symptoms are a high fever that comes on fast for a few days and then is gone very quickly. It can involve a runny nose and those type of symptoms. Then usually as the fever disappears within a day or two a rash on the trunk, torso, back and occasionally face occur for a few days. Elle has/had every single one of those symptoms. I believe she got it at camp from another child. Anyway, she is perfectly fine and the most dangerous part of the whole thing is the fever which she's done with. I am going to keep her home from church tonight though since it's highly contagious to other children. Hopefully by Sunday she's good to go because I already missed this past Sunday morning and night and now tonight and I'm needing ADULT INTERACTION!!!! So, there's our update for today. I'm going to go imitate a beached whale and get in our pool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma, sounds like you did a good diagnosis. I remember those days. Take care of yourself.

Lesley said...

Yeah, hanging out with Chad and me the past couple weeks doesn't really count as adult interaction if you're measuring it by maturity. :) Glad Elle is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Did you blow any water out your spout! Mom

Emily said...

Getting to schedule a c-section 2 weeks early is going to start sounding better everyday. I am glad you are all feeling better. Take care of everyone and don't forget to take care of yourself.

Emily said...

hang in there emma, "welcome to back yart burg-ah, home of da back yart burg-ah can i take yo oh-dah?"

joey