Monday, December 18, 2006

What a busy weekend!

I realized it was Monday night and I haven't really written anything in days! Unlike me...so we had a very busy weekend, esp. Shawn. Friday night, the Spanish congregation invited all the staff from church to a meal. It was delicious and I'm not a mexican food person, but this is way different than El Chico. I could have eaten and eaten and eaten.
Saturday morning he headed to the church building to make/deliver fruit baskets to all the people 75+ in our congregation. Then at noon we headed to Elle's friends b-day party. She enjoyed that of course. Then Saturday night we had a Christmas party with some friends.
Sunday, since Shawn is on "vacation" we went to the church across the field from us. It was pretty decent except that Elle freaked out about Bible class. So, I stayed in there with her and when they were each given a car to "drive" to bible class she shoved it across the table real hard at the teacher (on purpose--it was her way of being defiant) So I spanked her and she started bawling loudly so I had to apologize to the teacher and excuse ourselves. It wasn't too good. Anyway, we did make it through that and it was nice to be home way earlier than usual on a Sunday morning.
By that afternoon Elle was complaining that her stomach and head hurt. We took her temp and it got to 103. We didn't go to church Sunday night because of her fever and couldn't really get it to come down much. Today it has been better and it will go down to normal then raise back up to about 100 every once in a while. Her body's fighting something and let's just hope no one else gets it. We have been pretty careful but how careful can you be when you're breathing the same air???
So, that leads us to this evening. Shawn and I have been working on and off since 3 this afternoon on a homemade gingerbread house. I was inspired by my friend Brandi who just finished one with her kids and it turned out quite nice. It has been constructed and now it just needs to set all night so the icing can get nice and hard. Tomorrow we will all decorate and I think I went alittle overboard with the candy...you'll see when I put up pics in a few days.
I am done with christmas shopping and wrapping and now and in full excitement mode for christmas day, though it's getting here too fast. I LOVE THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS! I am baking like crazy lately. We are having some friends over tomorrow night just to hang out and I'm making all kinds of breakfast foods. YUMMY So tomorrow promises to be another busy day full of cooking, cleaning, laughing, decorating, and FUN!
Wow, I had a lot to say. Hope you enjoyed catching up on the minute aspects of our lives. If you're reading this and have a blog....better update it...I'm making you look bad! ;)

Elle amid all the chaos at the bday party.

I'm not sure a caption could do this picture justice...and the shirt says "No Autographs Please."

2 comments:

Emily said...

Priceless picture of Ava. What a gal! Sounds like you are busy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Emily and I are doing the same thing. Hope Elle is doing better today and can enjoy the decorating. Ava is something else. She will give those guys some real looks when she gets older. love